Afghanistan is not a war, it is an occupation. Where's the Afghanistan army? Where are their tanks and fleets of planes like the Nazi's had? This is double-think at it's finest, if you want to make World War II comparisons, let's start shall we?
- We are the invading force.
- We cheer "Bin Laden's assasination".
- We have the concentration camps, CSIS/CIA black sites, etc.
- We are the ones designing civil rights breaching anti-terrorism acts, patriot acts, NDAA's, etc, etc.
- We have no problem violating civil rights at will.
Canada is not immune to "war propaganda". Next time you read an article telling you we're the good guys, ask a German what they were reading during World War II. They were the "good guys", too.
Click here to recommend this post on progressivebloggers.ca and help other people find this information.
Richard Fantin is a self-taught software developer who has mostly throughout his career focused on financial applications and high frequency trading. He currently works for eQube gaming systems.
Nazayh Zanidean is a Project Coordinator for a mid-sized construction contractor in Calgary, Alberta. He enjoys writing as a hobby on topics that include foreign policy, international human rights, security and systemic media bias.